FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Which are the conditions to be fulfilled in order to be allowed to rent a car?
You must have at least 1 year driving experience since you have received your B category driving licence. You must be at least 21 years old.
Which are the documents necessary in order to be allowed to sign the agreement?
Identity document: ID or passport and the driving licence.
How do I rent a car?
1. The Reservation
Send your request by using the online form, by phone or by e-mail. In your request you must mention: the client’s name, the car type, the rental duration and the location the car shall be handed over/taken over - You should receive the confirmation of your reservation at the transmitted contact data. - If you agree with our offer, you should confirm it within 48 hours. After confirming the reservation, we will send you a copy of the rental agreement and a Proforma-Invoice.
2. The Rental
1. The vehicle shall be delivered at the date and under the conditions mentioned in the reservation form. The rental agreement and the vehicle handover/takeover certificate shall be undersigned at the delivery.
2. The payment shall be done in cash or the proof of payment through bank transfer shall be presented at the vehicle handover date.
3. The guarantee shall be paid when the vehicle shall be handed over and shell be refunded at the date of its taken over, if the agreement conditions have been observed.
4. The vehicle shall be taken over based on the handover/takeover certificate at the date/ hour / location named in the rental agreement.
When do I have to pay the surtaxes?
1. The opening hours of the AWR Lease Services office is from Monday to Friday 09.00-18.00, with the exception of the legal holidays.
2. The rentals done from 18.00 to 22.00 o’clock and from 07.00 to 09.00 o’clock shall be surcharged with 10 Euro.
3. The rentals done from 22.00 to 07.00 o’clock shall be surcharged with 20 Euro.
4. The rentals done at the Traian Vuia Timisoara Airport shall be surcharged with 10 Euro per drive.
How many persons may drive the rented vehicle?
There can be named secondary drivers, besides the contract holder. No additional taxes shall be paid for them.
How do I proceed, if I want to take over the rented car at the airport?
An AWR Lease Services agent shall wait for you at the airport with a placard with your name in the hand and shall bring you to our office.
How can I extend the rental duration?
Contact the representative of the AWR Lease Services at least 24 hours before the expiration of the contract. He shall confirm the vehicle availability and the extension of the contract period. In order to come into force the extension of the contract period, you must pay for the requested service.
How do I act in case of a car accident?
First of all contact the AWR Lease Services agent and he will assist you. Then contact the police and obtain the Protocol, the Repair Authorization and the Alcohol test. Zou also have the obligation to obtain photocopies of the documents of the persons involved in the car accident (vehicle title, RCA, ID-documents, driving licence)
How do I act in the case of a technical breakdown?
In case of a technical breakdown contact the AWR Lease Services representative and he shall give you the necessary assistance.